Pros & cons of an exercise bike and a NordicTrackSource: Pixabay
NordicTrack has earned a name in the fitness world as one of the leaders in workout machines. They have amazing ski machines and incline tracks. In this article though, we will be focusing on one of their latest creations: the exercise bike. We see a lot of benefits of the NordicTrack bike, but the following is a list of the pros and cons compared to the typical exercise bike:
- Unlike a typical exercise bike, the seat on a NordicTrack recumbent bike is really comfortable. It includes a cushion and proper ventilation.
- There is a rather wide range of resistance levels that can be adjusted to meet your comfort and possibilities.
- The bike includes up to 28 different applications with workout routines. You do not get that from a regular exercise bike.
- iFit is right there on your machine. With iFit, you can take virtual bike rides anywhere on a Google map! So today you could choose to try the Tour de France route. Tomorrow try the China Wall and the next day go extreme to the Ural Mountains.
- The models offer a fan that will help you stay cool while doing your workout.
- Some models include a large screen so you can easily make adjustments to your resistance levels. It even keeps track of your performance, calories, etc.
- A NordicTrack includes built-in speakers for you to play your tunes while biking.
- The warranty of a NordicTrack exercise bike is a lifetime warranty on the frame and a 1-year labor and parts warranty.
- The pedals are very ergonomic.
- Compared to a regular exercise bike, this is more expensive and usually requires a bit more space.
- The iFit feature has to be purchased and is not included in the base price of the machine.
- To some, the flywheel does not really provide a demanding workout. However, this varies among models and users.